Thursday, October 27, 2005

I have not yet spoken on:

The military action taking place in Iraq....well here goes! I am against our occupation of that country. I was opposed to it well before the 2000th life was lost in this battle of who has the biggest dick... I was against it before my brother's best friend joined the marines and was shipped over there..I was against it before some of my oldest family friends were shipped out. And I am against it now. I am also against just about everything else that has been going on in our local politics...Our governor's policies on education leave a horrid taste in my mouth. I also abhor her taxing strategy....The smokers of the world will soon suffer enough on their own accord, I don't think they need to be taxed to death as well... And if anyone can tell me where the hell the money from the lottery is going, I would be interested to know....If all these HUGE jackpots are being given away, why do most of the schools around here suffer from yearly budget cuts and lay offs? I guess I am just not smart enough to understand that one.

And with that, I think I will step off my soapbox for the time being...thanks for listening..I feel much better now...

1 comment:

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Ohh, love the soapbox stuff! Yay! The only thing I don't agree with is the smoking thing because I HATE smoking and could care less if smokers are paying taxes so I can possibly pay less. But, I still agree with you to a point.