Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Memorial weekend

I was truly disturbed to find on the front page of the Manistee News Advocate, a story about a soldier that was killed. He wasn't from Manistee, but his wife was Kari Youngberg. It really bothered me becuase they had gotten married in October of this past year, and had never gotten to go on their honeymoon. I am sure there are lots of stories like this, but it sticks out in my mind because I know her...and I feel badly for their families...speaking of soldiers, my brother's best friend, Mike, called from Iraq and talked to my mom the other day. I guess he's doing ok, he's been shot at, and has had to return fire, he said he's even killed a person already. He's only 19 years old! I just can't believe that little Mikey is shooting people and being shot at, and he seems to be alright with this...This stupid war sucks!

No comments: