Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Special friends day

I had to get up early today to go to Wellston Elem. to be a special friend to the littlest Pickett (Jack and Sarah's son Bo) it was a wonderfully sunny day, and I got to see the middle school band play. We also were treated to the cutest little choir concert ever! They sang all kinds of cute little songs...it was wonderful. Then we moved outside to have a ceremony around the flag pole for Memorial Day, and then to the cemetary nextdoor for a graveside service, with taps and the lowering of the flag by the girl scouts. It was neat to see. After we were all done there, the students were having their annual plant sale, they sell things that they have grown in their green house as part of the classes...I bought a flat of flowers and a pot of some green leafies that I hope to plant this week...I hope they grow..I have such a black thumb when it comes to these things...
After that, I had to go to Kaleva to pay the phone bill, so I stopped by my Mom's house and hung out with her for a couple of hours... She was planting her flowers and laying mulch, so I watched while soaking up some rays. I am now, completely PINK! I was a great day..I wish every day was like this...

No comments: